Important Factors in Pain Management
A recent article quoted the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the ASA’s President, Jane C.K. Fitch, M.D., regarding proper treatment when it comes to pain management.
According to the ASA, the following factors play an important role when it comes to chronic pain care:
1) Prompt care when chronic pain is first experienced.
2) Understanding that nearly 1/3 of Americans suffer chronic pain – you are not alone.
3) Pharmaceuticals are not the only solution: Physical therapy, acupuncture, and neurostimulation have all shown to have great benefit in pain management.
4) Anxiety can lead to more pain.
5) Pharmaceutical pain management, especially with opioid-based therapies,needs to be consistently overseen by a physician with proper training.
You can read the entire article by clicking here.
Premier Pain relies on a team-based approach to pain management. We have a group of specialists that work closely with our patients to bring them an individualized care plan for their pain. To set up a consultation, please call 732-380-0200.